Subject: Re: setting config and restarting in windows?
From: Steven Hanley <sjh,AT,svana,DOT,org>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 04:29:30 +0200

On Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 08:54:23PM -0300, Damion K.Wilson wrote:
> I'm an old Unix hand, so this registry crap pisses me off ! But don't give
>me
> a hard time because I didn't write even more code just to go against the
> grain !

oops, I am sorry what I said came out sounding kind of beligerant, I hadnt
meant to bad mouth your efforts or anything. It is great that there is a win
cipe, I suppose it just came out as one of my normal whinges about the
absolute suckiness of windows in general. I really am glad for the work you
have done.

> That said, you CAN change the service settings by hand using the registry
> editor, and if you want, you can write a tool to import/export the
>pertinent
> registry entries.

I had wondered briefly yesterday if that would be possible, writiing a small
program that can do the editing of the registry or where ever the cipe details
are stored. I dont have time to do that today, however may in the future, for
now I will just set machines up with the config interface that is there
already.

        See You
            Steve

--