Subject: Re: linux/modversions.h
From: Casey Carter <Casey,AT,Carter,DOT,net>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 08:50:36 +0200

Yes, it does truly need it.  modversions.h contains all of the symbol
versions that get generated when you enable "Set version information on
all module symbols" in your kernel configuration.  You need to run "make
dep" on your kernel sources, which will generate modversions.h, before
compiling CIPE.