Subject: CIPE NT integrating with Samba -- VPN
From: Gert.Vandelaer,AT,medisearch-int,DOT,com
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 15:34:08 +0200

Hello all,

I've been on this list now for a while and have noticed lots of interesting
discussions,
but mainly about the Linux port of this great piece of software.

I'm trying to integrate a Windows NT with another Windows NT via a Linux
Firewall / Gateway with Cipe-Win32.

I've also tried to put a Samba at one end and use the "pkcipe" because 1
end has dynamic IP ...
The question is : Can "pkcipe" be configured on a Win NT, is there anything
special to be configured (It's the Win NT that's gonna be dynamic ip you
see, and in the docs there's only example of a Linux with dynamic IP ...)

Or has anyone yet set up a vpn with Win NT - Samba ?

I'd like to know what I'm jumping into, because of dead lines and things
like that...

This is the network
Win NT A : Dynamic IP (or Samba) ---- Internet ---- Linux Firewall : Fixed
IP ------- Win NT B (PDC)

The forwarding part on the firewall is no problem, I got this working ...
it's just all the NT routing that's giving me hard time.

Should I make the "Win NT A" a BDC, because users 'll have to authenticate
there also ...
I assume I'll have to place a seperate Gateway on location A also for
routing internet-requests from clients of network A to internet, and not
through CIPE interface ...

Any advice / setup examples welcome

Cya,
Gert