Subject: A minor problem...
From: Robert Davidson <puttputt,AT,ebbs,DOT,com,DOT,au>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 13:44:38 +0200

Hi All,

Here's a new problem with CIPE, new for me that is.

I've been playing around with CIPE, I got it working (not hard) and
then I could ping the remote machine (the other side of the VPN link)
but now, after upgrading to kernel 2.4.8, I can't do that anymore, or
traceroute, but the VPN is still working for normal connections (it
still works, just some of it seems broken).

The kernel I was previously using was 2.2.19.  I'd like to know if
there is anything obvious I should check?  There is a firewall on the
VPN box, as well as policy routing (different networks use different
gateways, as there is two ISP's this box is using).

I have "cttl 64" in the options file for CIPE (/etc/cipe/options),
which is how I got traceroute working originally, but at the moment
neither ping or traceroute work.  Any ideas why?

Another thing I get on boot-up when CIPE fires up is cipcb0: route
loop or something similar to that.  Exactly what does that mean?  I
don't think there is a loop in my routing anywhere, I havn't spotted
an obvious one yet anyway.

The VPN has some other live IP's routed over it.  The ISP's box is
192.168.220.1, and mine is 192.168.220.2.  I have access to both
machines as I'm one of the admins, so I can check anything.

--
Regards,
Robert Davidson.