Subject: Cipe on Windows 2000
From: jacobmj,AT,mbay,DOT,net
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 07:23:38 +0200

Hello all.  I'm having a bit of a hard time converting one end of my CIPE
VPN from a linux box to a Win2k machine.  The Linux machine used to serve as
a gateway for my small masqueraded subnet at home, but now the Win2k machine
is all alone on the Internet.  What I need to do is to be able to connect
from that one machine to the subnet behind the Linux machine at work.  In
configuring Cipe-Win32, I've encountered quite a few problems with IPs, so,
to keep it short, could someone simply send me a CIPE options file(minus the
IPs and hash :) as well as the corresponding options to use within the CIPE
control panel.  My main issue is with setting the Local VPN IP on the
Windows 2000 machine.  Is it correct to set it within the TCP options in the
network control panel?

I could go into much greater detail, but the problem is probably a simple
setting that I have wrong.

One other thing, is anyone else getting a BSOD(PFN list corrupt) when
disabling the CIPE network adapter in the network control panel?  This is
preventing my machine from entering suspend or hibernate mode.  My only fix
thus far is to reboot into safe mode and disable the CIPE VPN adapter within
device manager.

Thanks for the help,
Jacob Joseph