Subject: Re: Cipe on Windows 2000 w/BSOD
From: jacobmj,AT,mbay,DOT,net
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 01:43:18 +0200

Thanks Chip and Eric.

Well, I'm glad to hear its not just me. :-)  On the other hand, it sounds
like
I'm stuck.  I don't really have the option of getting another linux machine
go with my Win2k machine.  I hope I don't have to switch products...  I
really
do like CIPE.  And besides, I really don't feel like remotely recompiling a
kernel to support Freeswan.

Maybe we should go to the source. :) Damion, can you offer any help or does
it
seem that Windows 2000 is not quite yet ready to go?  (Well, let me clarify
that; of course Win2k or any other MS product is not 'ready to go'--Is there
workaround for CIPE *ON* Win2k?

At this point, I think I can do without Suspend and Hibernate if only CIPE
would actually work.  Does anyone have a working configuration that I could
take a peek at?  The "Work" network is 10.0.0.0/24 with a GW of 10.0.0.254.
am only on the Internet, so I don't have an internal IP.  I'm still a bit
confused of how to configure CIPE-Win32.  I do think I have it installed
correctly.  I used the Add hardware wizard to add the Adapter and then did
the "cipesrv install."  I also started the service after a reboot, then used
the cipe control panel with a reboot afterwards.  I've tried with and without
setting an IP in the network connection properties.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jacob Joseph