Subject: Re: IPv6 patches/support?
From: ewheeler,AT,kaico,DOT,com
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 12:57:40 +0200

Hauke --

I know that CIPE was in the kerneli.org patches back in the 2.2.x days
(try 2.2.16/2.2.13?)  I remember seeing it and not knowing what it was
once upon a time...  If you need 2.4.x, then I'd say you're SOL for the
moment until CIPE gets put back into the international patch.

Off the subject:  Any idea what the logistics of patching cipe to have
zlib packet compression support would be?  If course compression should
happen before crypto or the compression is useless.  I've patched the
1.5.2 to compress outgoing packets w/o too much problem.  It's receiving
it on the other end that sucks!  output.c's cipe_xmit command has been
modified to compress the skb right before
"if (tunnel->flags&CIPF_HAVE_KEY) {"
(dunno the original line #, but it's ~271).

This works very well for organized data (telnet 192.168.0.123 19)

Any ideas on the recieving end?

--Eric