Subject: Re: "kxchg: recv: Connection refused" Error
From: "Imran Ghaznavi" <imrang,AT,home,DOT,com>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 21:02:40 +0200

Karl,
?
Thank you very much.
?
At first?I was thinking cmmon it cant be the
ports, so it must?be the firewall.?I started out with this hideously
long log/email showing how the ports are open. then I thought that I should
include the option files as well just so I could show you.
?
While pasting that into my email I realized that on
both machines the ports were configured... um... incorrectly.
?
on both machines the option files had port 6789 as
me and 6543 as peer. But?one of those should have been
reversed.
(Same problem as using straight through cable
where?a Crossover?is
needed)
?
# my UDP address. Note: if you set port 0 here, the
system will pick# one and tell it to you via the ip-up script. Same holds
for IP
24.7.173.167:6789# ...and the UDP address we connect to. Of course no
wildcards
here.peer???????????
24.15.181.22:6543
Anyway, I switched the ports on one of the machine
and it is now working beautifully. Again thank you for the tip !!!
?
-Imran
?