Subject: Re: decrypt CRC error
From: Bram Dumolin <bram-cipe,AT,grmbl,DOT,net>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 08:02:36 +0200

re,

Gert.Vandelaer,AT,medisearch-int,DOT,com(Gert.Vandelaer,AT,medisearch-int,DOT,com)@Fri,
 Sep
21, 2001 at 11:50:47AM +0200:

> Have you tried compiling with the IDEA cipher ?

just did, same shit.

> I've had similar problems you describe, but that was with using 2 WindozeNT
> boxes with CIPE (behind Linux firewalls offcourse)
> exact same error messages, I than switched to 2 linux i386 boxes, and all
> was well.

these are linux boxes, I never run M$.

> It also wouldn't work between a Linux and a Windoze,
> and with a patched tcpdump / windump I was able to see how the packets
> would leave full, and arrive empty in either direction.

ok I'll look for the patch and try some traces.

> Just shooting in the dark here ...
> What happens if you create a md5sum of a file on the i386 box, and you
> check the sum of the file on the Alpha ?

toybox(alpha):
# echo "djeezuske"|md5sum
30aabf0224c12bdf65f0ba8b5a238811

firgo(i386):
# echo "djeezuske"|md5sum
30aabf0224c12bdf65f0ba8b5a238811  -

> Have you tried manually recompiling openssl on the alpha ?

nope, but I thought the builtin cipher, blowfish didn't rely on openssl?

> You are sure the keys are the same ? :p

yeps :P

> Give us some tcpdump logs please also.

will do

--
         People using html in email should be shot.

"Tom Hayden is the kind of politician who gives opportunism a bad
name."
                -- Gore Vidal

By US Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), a computer/modem/printer meets the
definition of a telephone fax machine. By Sec.227(b)(1)(C), it is unlawful to
send any unsolicited advertisement to such equipment. By Sec.227(b)(3)(C), a
violation of the aforementioned Section is punishable by action to recover
actual monetary loss, or $500, whichever is greater, for each violation.