Subject: RE: Problems with CIPE 2.0pre9 on Win2k
From: "Jeffrey Barnhill" <jbarnhill,AT,nc,DOT,rr,DOT,com>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 06:04:01 +0200

I'm not sure how to check this.  It seems that 1500
is the default for ethernet, but it is not explicitly
listed in the registry.  Speedeguide.net (tcp/ip analyzer)
tells me that my MTU is 1500 (but that's probably from
my firewall (which is masquerading for my win2k box).
Unless there's an easy way to check this, I'll add this
to the list of "things to try" - explicity set both
adapters on both ends to 1500.

If the cipe packets are being encapsulated, shouldn't the
cipe MTU be set to like 1472(?) ?

-Jeff