Subject: Re: CIPE, NAT, ...
From: Al Grimstad <al,AT,grimstad,DOT,mv,DOT,com>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 19:24:33 +0100

It is possible.

Here is my configuration:

lan -- A -- lan -- B -- wan -- C -- lan

I run a cipe tunnel between A and C, both linux boxes. B is a DSL PPoA router
that does NAT but doesn't block anything I need. C interfaces to the WAN via
cable modem. In A's options files the "me" parameter is the address used in
communications locally with B, i.e., a private address. The matching "peer"
parameter in C's option file uses B's IP address, not A's (but the packet go
to A because B does NAT).

Good luck.

-- al