Subject: Re: multiple cipe connections not working !?
From: Bram Dumolin <bram-cipe,AT,grmbl,DOT,net>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 09:38:29 +0100

re

converse2000,AT,web,DOT,de(converse2000,AT,web,DOT,de)@Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at
08:51:25AM
+0100:

> there are some threads in the cipe-mailinglists-archive that describe the
>problem of multiple cipe-connections (e.g. 4 or 5 offices connected to a
>central server). Also a solution to solve this problem can be found -->
>multiple instances of cipe.
>
> Well, somehow, this doesn't work with any of my machines either. One
>instance of the ciped can easily be instanced. But trying to start a second
>always ends up with ... nothing, which means that the second instance of
>ciped immediately dies  :-(
>
> The OS's are both SuSE-Linux. One is 6.4 the other one 7.2.

Try the "device cipcb#" option in the different config files, where # is the
number of interface you chose.
I found it more robust to enter these instead of letting cipe pick them
dynamically.

--
         People using html in email should be shot.

Q:  How many supply-siders does it take to change a light bulb?
A:  None.  The darkness will cause the light bulb to change by itself.

By US Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), a computer/modem/printer meets the
definition of a telephone fax machine. By Sec.227(b)(1)(C), it is unlawful to
send any unsolicited advertisement to such equipment. By Sec.227(b)(3)(C), a
violation of the aforementioned Section is punishable by action to recover
actual monetary loss, or $500, whichever is greater, for each violation.