Subject: Re: Windows 2000 VPN
From: Gert.Vandelaer,AT,medisearch-int,DOT,com
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 10:21:09 +0100

Looks like one of those M$ crappy boxes are being NATed,
so that means you'll have to forward IPSEC to that box.
That's gonna be tricky because of the way IPSEC authentication works (there
are plenty of docs about this)

You're better of by putting a linux gateway (doesn't matter if it is
slakware,redhat, suse ... linux=linux) in front of both M$ networks, and
than build the VPN between the gateways, and with some basic static routes
a link between the m$ crap can be established without a problem.
So no vpn stuff is needed on m$, just some basic routing ...

Cya,
Gert

                    Joe Harmon

                    <jharmon@blin        To:     cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de

                    fo.com>              cc:

                    Sent by:             Subject:     Windows 2000 VPN

                    owner-cipe-l@

                    inka.de

                    28/11/2001

                    02:45 PM

All,

Linux server, Redhat V17, Kernal 2.2.16, IPChains, IPMasquerading, routing
through Cisco router

This question is more for Linux Redhat experts than CIPE but I'm not sure
who else to ask.  Please respond offline (directly to email address) if you
have any ideas so that we don't send unwanted email to others.

I'm not familiar with Redhat but I notice a lot of people on this mailing
list seem to be using it so maybe someone could help.

Client's remote computer has Windows 2000 server running built-in VPN
Client
and is trying to connect to remote Windows 2000 VPN server.  The client's
gateway is the Linux configuration above.  My question is the following: Is
there anything specific that has to be configured that will allow the
internal W2000 server to talk to an external W2000 server over the VPN
through his linux gateway?

Any ideas greatly appreciated...

Joe