Subject: Duplicate packets on RH71. CIPE 1.4.5
From: "Brad Clements" <bkc,AT,murkworks,DOT,com>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 22:52:39 +0100

I tried searching the list archives, but every search returns "nothing
matched", I think
search is broken.

I have two RH 7.1 systems, one with Dynamic IP, both behind firewalls.. They
can
connect and I can ping the peer address from each end, but I always get
duplicate
packets.

That is, in either direction, the ICMP reply is DUP!. Of course, it could be
that the ICMP
request is duplicate. Traceroute -vv always shows 0 as the id, so I can't
really tell which
end is duplicating, or if the duplication is happening in the cipcb driver
during decoding
and not on the wire.

Watching the encrypted udp packets, a ping of 64 bytes results in a 104 byte
UDP
packet being sent, and there is always one encrypted packet sent for each
reply and
request.

Has anyone seen this before, how do I debug it?

Brad Clements,                bkc,AT,murkworks,DOT,com   (315)268-1000
netmeeting: ils://ils.murkworks.com               AOL-IM: BKClements