Subject: Newbie CIPE Questions
From: Ryan Neily <ryan,AT,neily,DOT,net>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 22:23:44 +0100

I am very new to CIPE, and I have the following questions:

1) Is it possible to have CIPE run of TCP ports instead of UDP ports?  (In
my environment, UDP in from the Internet is NOT allowed)

2) With the CIPE connection up and running, and the proper routing rules,
will both UDP and TCP traffic be passed through the CIPE VPN tunnel?

3) In a star configuration, with many CIPE clients connecting to a CIPE
server, what is a good start for 6 concurrent connections from remote
networks?  Is CIPE a good VPN solution for this big of a VPN?  What type
of hardware are we talking on the server side to keep up with this task?

4) What kind of overhead does the CIPE protocol take away from the actual
traffic?

Thanks in advance for the info...

ryan,AT,neilyt,DOT,net