Subject: RE: cipe-floppyfw
From: John Hamill <jh,AT,lan1,DOT,com,DOT,au>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 23:12:30 +0100
Title: cipe-floppyfw

The
floppy version of CIPE is compiled for that kernel only with LEAF and
dachstein
implementations. If you try and run it with the IDE kernel it fails with a
segmentation error as you describe.
<SPAN
class=749300122-13122001>?
I can
send the ide kernel version as an LRP file if you can handle
that?
<SPAN
class=749300122-13122001>?
<SPAN
class=749300122-13122001>john
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr
style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid;
MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Berghmans, Peter
  [mailto:Peter.Berghmans,AT,khm,DOT,be: Tuesday, 11 December 2001 6:42
  PMTo: cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,deSubject:
  cipe-floppyfw
  HiI'm trying to use cipe on the floppyfw disk (<A
  href="http://www.zelow.no/floppyfw";>http://www.zelow.no/floppyfw). This is
  what I've done:1. I have compiled a 2.2.20 kernel on my mandrake
  box2. I have downloaded the cipe package 1.5.2 and compiled (with the
  sourcecode of the new kernel)3. I putted the new kernel, the cipcb.o
  module and the /etc/cipe scripts I needed to the floppy, together with
  ciped-cb.Loading the module works: lsmod tells me this.But
  when I run ciped-cb, it exits with a segmentation fault. Since I've putted
  ciped-cb on a floppy and tried it on other systems (all different versions
of
  mandrake) with success, so I believe the problem is not ciped.I've
  also tried with 1.4.6...What can I do to understand and solve the
  problem?Peter