Subject: pkcipe routing?
From: Heinz Ulrich Stille <ulrich,AT,design-d,DOT,de>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 13:25:06 +0100

Hi!

I've got three LANs to connect. One links to the internet via leased line
and a routable IP address, the other gateways have dynamic addresses. At
the moment I use cipe to link the latter two to the first, no problem. But
on the leased line I'm billed by volume, so I'd like to have a direct
connection between the others.

As I already have a working connection it should be possible to avoid the
trouble with dynamic dns or something like that.

So I'd need an option '-i <iface>' to tell pkcipe where to route cipe
packets while -c|s <host> would use the established two-hop link. When the
underlying interface changes it's address, pkcipe should find out the new
one and reestablish the link.

MfG, Ulrich

--
"Just because you can explain it doesn't mean it's not still a miracle."
                                                T. Pratchett, "Small Gods"