Subject: cipe and iptables
From: <jtklaas,AT,mediaone,DOT,net>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 21:30:12 +0100

I have tried getting cipe running between two machines with almost static
IP addresses.  Both machines are running 2.4.14 with iptables.

My problem is that after a few minutes, the packets from each of the
machines to the other start being rejected.  I assume this has something
to do with related packets in the firewall rules and I'm wondering if
setting the ping option for the cipe interfaces will prevent this from
happening.  Has anyone else gotten this to work?

--
The activity of "debugging" or removing bugs from a program ends when a
programmer gets tired of doing it, not when all the bugs are removed.

                                James Klaas