Subject: Re: cipe and iptables
From: Heinz Ulrich Stille <ulrich,AT,design-d,DOT,de>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 12:14:56 +0100

Hi!

On Tue, 18 Dec 2001 jtklaas,AT,mediaone,DOT,net wrote:
> My problem is that after a few minutes, the packets from each of the
> machines to the other start being rejected.  I assume this has something

I've got one machine with a static address and two with dynamic addresses.
The firewalls are simply set to pass all UDP packets with the appropriate
ports. Since those ports are bound by cipe, no other process will get
them, and I trust cipe to withstand malicious packets. So far I haven't
encountered any problems.

MfG, Ulrich

--
"Ah, but maybe the population declined because we *stopped* sacrificing
virgins - of both sexes, of course. Have you ever thougt of it like that?"