Subject: Re: possible problem: documentation
From: "K. David Prince" <kdp,AT,hanhet,DOT,loew,DOT,washington,DOT,edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 10:57:22 +0100

Hello Dragos,

I've installed the cipe package directly from the Debian/Woody archive.
There are two cipe packages:

fw1:/etc/cipe# dpkg --get-selections | grep cipe
cipe-common                                     install
cipe-source                                     install

The description for the source package says:

 CIPE (the name is shortened from *Crypto IP Encapsulation*) is a
 package for an encrypting IP tunnel device. This can be used to build
 encrypting routers for VPN (Virtual Private Networks) and similar
 applications.
 .
 After installing this and compiling a new kernel, run
 make-kpkg --revision number modules_image
 and you will get a cipe package for your kernel.

Once you have installed these packages from Debian/Woody, you can read the
documentation with the info command:

fw1:/# info cipe

I hope this helps!  If you can get this to work, please let me know.  I'm
running this package on two firewall machines.  And, I've sent out several
queries for help, but have not gotten any answers from anyone anywhere.
Maybe we could put our heads together and get this thing going!

By the way, I'm running kernel 2.4.17 with iptables support.

Dave