Subject: A few questions
From: "Charles Williams" <hosting.mailing.list.account,AT,acnshosting,DOT,com>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 16:34:24 +0100

Hello,

I tried to search your mailing list archives but your install of htdig is
not working.  Anyway, I have 2 questions that I would like to ask you about
CIPE.  First a little info on why.

I am the Project Manager for a new Linux Distribution called IPCop.  It is a
forked version of SmoothWall Linux.  We are implementing IPSec at the moment
and I am wanting to implement CIPE, at first, on our Amber side of the
firewall for wireless connection security.  CIPE would be ideal for this.  I
would eventually like to offer the user the option of using either IPSec or
CIPE or both on the main external interface, or maybe phasing IPSec out
entirely, who knows.

My questions are:

1. Can CIPE co-exist with IPSec on the same system without either throwing a
fit?
2. Can CIPE be bound to 1 and only 1 device?
3. Are there any known limitations regarding CIPE and IPSec on the same box?

I have downloaded the newest available stable release and will be taking a
look at it soon.  However, if either of the above 2 questions are answered
with no then I may as well forget the whole idea.  So I'll sit here and wait
for your yes'. ;)

Thank you,
Charles Williams