Subject: RE: A few questions
From: SBNelson,AT,thermeon,DOT,com
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 17:51:42 +0100

> 1. Can CIPE co-exist with IPSec on the same system without either throwing
> fit?
        Yes.  We have that configuration.
> 2. Can CIPE be bound to 1 and only 1 device?
        I don't know for sure but I don't think so.  Since CIPE's transports
its data using UDP,  it simply uses the OS's routing features to route the
packets.  So, if you want that to happen, you will have to do that outside
of CIPE (using iproute2 software and/or ipchains/iptables??)
> 3. Are there any known limitations regarding CIPE and IPSec on the same
> box?
        None that I have found.

> I have downloaded the newest available stable release and will be taking a
> look at it soon.  However, if either of the above 2 questions are answered
> with no then I may as well forget the whole idea.  So I'll sit here and
> wait
> for your yes'. ;)
        Uh, there were three questions ;-)
--