Subject: windows-version of cipe crashes (sometimes)
From: Thomas Schaefer <mail,AT,thomas--schaefer,DOT,de>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 23:27:07 +0100

Hi,

I have created a tunnel from a windows NT PC over an corporate nework to a
laboratory network. ( same company but under my administration)  On one end
of the tunnel is the WindowsNt-version
http://cipe-win32.sourceforge.net/CIPE-Win32-2.0-pre9.zip
installed. The opposite end uses the Linux Version 1.5.2 ( delivered with
Suse 7.3) (without encryption, only encapsulation)
At the beginning it seems to work very well. But today I had a reproducable
crash of the tunnel. Because a restart on the windows-site has the tunnel
reestablished I think there must be a problem in the windows-version.
The traffic was very low, only some udp/snmp packets were sent. And for
monitoring purposes an endless ping to the opposite tunnel interface.

Now my questions:
The windows-version is rather old - April of 2001 is there a newer stable
release?
Does anybody else use the combination of window/linux version with/without
problems?

Thank you for your attention,

Regards
Thomas Schäfer

PS: Are there some hints to make both the windows and the linux version to be
more verbose?