Subject: The car won't start... -- or CIPE really does work!
From: Keith Smith <keith,AT,ksmith,DOT,com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 18:14:35 +0100

Unbelievable,

After perusing the doc Duane provided, it would seem I was doing it
right all along, but I was not spec'ing the options file, I was letting
it default.  Lo and behold, after actually specifying the options file,
the program once again returned with no output (returned a '1') but this
time I found a message in syslog about incorrect permissions on
/etc/cipe/options, fixed that, and boom the program ran and waited with
lots of output (per my debug request in options).

Very cool, and very trivial  That little piece of trivia may be hidden
somewhere in the docs, I'll look yet again.  The program was
mysteriously quiet when I spec'd no options file at all.  But then again
if it refused to load the default with the 'debug 1' line, perhaps it
was chicken and egg'ing.  A debug command line option would be helpful.

I changed the perms on options from 0644 to 0600 to make it fly.

Thank you for your help.  As many people as are using, I knew I was
doing something trivially wrong.

--
Keith Smith                 keith,AT,ksmith,DOT,com
655 W Fremont Dr