Subject: port forwarding?
From: brian,AT,worldcontrol,DOT,com
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 06:23:56 +0100

My setup:

Internet <-> machine home
             static IPs

Internet <-> Nat Router/ <-> machine lab
             dynamic IP

The machine named 'home' sits on an ethernet segment with 32 IPs.
The 32ips are not delivered to the machine home, but to the segment
home sits on.  home can then use IP aliasing to pickup as many of
these IPs as it wishes.

What I would like to do is take one of the IPs and deliver it to lab.

I.E. if a packet comes in for a.b.c.d and home picks it up via an
alias for a.b.c.d, i'd like it passed via a tunnel to lab.

Only certain ports (ssh) are important to me.  Using non-routable IP
addresses I could setup a "1-3" network and then use port forwarding to
get the data over to and from lab.

My question is:  Is this the right way to do what I'm trying to
                 accomplish?

--
Brian Litzinger <brian,AT,worldcontrol,DOT,com>

    Copyright (c) 2002 By Brian Litzinger, All Rights Reserved