Subject: Re: slow ftp authentication over cipe link?
From: Jan Gyselinck <cipe,AT,lists,DOT,b0rken,DOT,net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 12:24:31 +0100

There are a couple of things that could cause this, but they are not
necessairily linked to the use of cipe.

Check if the reverse hostname of the IP where the FTP-client runs on
exists and is forward-resolvable.

If the FTP-server is also under your control, run a tcpdump on it.  It's
possible that it does an ident (port 113/tcp) for your connection, but that
this ident is dropped somewhere.  If this is the case, fix your fw rulez
(an ident should never be dropped, it should be accepted or rejected).

Regards

Jan Gyselinck