Subject: Re: question about cipe: will it ever be included in the kernel?
From: "Pedro M. Rodrigues" <pmanuel,AT,myrealbox,DOT,com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 22:55:43 +0100

   Sorry, but i can't agree when you say that being a standard is not
relevant. If
we want the Linux kernel to go further into the enterprise, it needs to work
with
other enterprise hardware and software. That means for instance VPN
hardware from Cisco and lets say software from DataFellows and Network
Associates. And even Windows 2000. Given the possibility of integrating a Vpn
technology, and looking at the big picture, what would you choose, even
considering the difficulties you mention with FreeS/WAN? These problems are
not insurmountable, they would be worth the work fixing them, and lets not
forget that all drivers must be compilable as modules from kernel 2.5
(development) onwards. I do agree with the rest of what you say.

/Pedro