Subject: Re: cipcb.o unresolved symbol __read_lock_failed on 2.4.5
From: "Tyler Thueson" <tylernt,AT,cableone,DOT,net>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 04:41:53 +0100

Thanks for the reply!

> Your kernel source does not match your running kernel.

Hmmm. I would have hoped that the kernel that comes with a distro would be
built from the sources included with it. However this does not surprise me
as 2.4.x support in Slackware seems to be a bit of an afterthought in most
areas.

> You have some choice, but I might suggest simply a config
> and re-compile of your kernel, then do the cip thing.

What other options? I would rather patch or hack CIPE than recompile a
kernel, because I ultimately have 3 machines I want to link with CIPE -- one
of them a 486 and two with hard drives too small for a compiler and kernel
source (~300MB).

So unless you think compiling a kernel on my fast machine and then
transferring the new kernel via floppy to the other 2 machines would work,
I'd love to entertain other options. Again I am a bit of a Linux newbie but
I do have several C programs under my belt, so source code doesn't scare me.

Thanks again