Subject: Re: Routing: Ping from router A to Host behind Router B does not work
From: Gert.Vandelaer,AT,medisearch-int,DOT,com
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 16:35:54 +0100

Have you tried the pings with the firewall flushed ?

Cya,
Gert

                    "Nils

                    Lichtenfeld"            To:     "Cipe Newsgroup"
<cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de>
                    <Nils.Lichtenfel        cc:

                    d,AT,gmx,DOT,net>              Subject:     Re: Routing:
Ping
from router A to Host behind Router B does not work
                    Sent by:

                    owner-cipe-l@ink

                    a.de

                    04/02/2002 03:19

                    PM

Hi Lionel!

> > Setup:
> >
> > Host A -- Router A -- Internet -- Router B -- Host B
> >
> > I couldn't get the following pings to work:
> >
> > Router A -> Host B
> > Router B -> Host A
> >

> you have to put a static route in both router with the gateway of your
> computer....
> Router A have to put a gateway Host A for the private lan Host B
> Router B have to put a gateway Host B for the private lan Host A

I am sorry, but I do not understand what you are saying. Could you try to
put that in other words? Perhaps with a little example?

What I ment with "All the other scenarios worked fine." is that the
following pings work:

Router A -> Router B
Router B -> Router A
Host A -> Router B