Subject: Re: cipcb.o unresolved symbol __read_lock_failed on 2.4.5
From: "Tyler Thueson" <tylernt,AT,cableone,DOT,net>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 01:40:54 +0100

Thanks to all replied, I got module to load finally. I formatted my hard
drive clean and installed 2.2.19. Then I had to comment out the SMP vs.
nonSMP function call in device.c to get the module to load (I have a nonSMP
system, but CIPE kept compiling as SMP for some reason). Also I had to
delete references to cipe.info from the Makefile to get it to compile but I
think that's been covered before.

However `whereis ciped' finds nothing. Is this normal?

Next task is to take the module and binaries and put them on a different
machine (one without a compiler or kernel source) and see if it still works.

Thanks again!

Tyler