Subject: Re: client doesn't recover after server restart
From: fn ln <neplace1,AT,yahoo,DOT,ca>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 11:40:02 +0100

 Thanks Keith !

 Got your patch, I'll give it a shot ...

 If I understand things correctly, this is a flaw in
the program :) Now the question is whether it flaw is
on the protocol design or on the protocol
implementation level.

 Has anybody seriously looked into the protocol level
to see whether it's a flaw in design or in
implementation ? If the design was to be enhanced /
fixed to avoid this bug, would it inevitably break
backward compatibility with previous versions ?

 I guess your patch is a workaround on the protocol
design level.

 Thanks,

    John

Web-hosting solutions for home and business! http://website.yahoo.ca