Subject: RE: netmask for tunnel
From: "Les Mikesell" <les,AT,futuresource,DOT,com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 19:40:29 +0100

Let me clarify a bit: everything works fine as far as
routing and normal operations go.  I'm just trying to
get one of those 'visual' network management programs
to display a map with traffic statistics from the snmp
variables.  This program (http://www.intermapper.com)
understands that addresses that fit in the netmask are
on the same network and will connect up the lines
automatically.  I've arranged my ptp addresses so
that both ends are in the same network as you would
for a serial link between routers even though you are
correct that it isn't really necessary.  I think that
simply doing 'ifconfig cipcbn netmask 255.255.255.252'
will make everything understand that the CIPE endpoints
are a 4-host (2 usable) subnet instead of separate
host addresses, but was hoping that someone else had
done this before.

  Les Mikesell
    les,AT,futuresource,DOT,com