Subject: Newbie question
From: "Lonnie Cumberland" <lonnie,AT,outstep,DOT,com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 04:24:37 +0100

Hello All,

I am new to this list and have a great problem that I must find a
viable solution for.

What I need, and I thought that Samba would have done a good job, is
a very simple solution for my Windows users with minimal installation
required on their side to be able to connect to their home
directories on our Linux server which is behind a firewall.

Currently, by using Samba, then all that the users have to do is
to "map a network drive" to our server and work with their files.

The problem is that many of our new user are located elsewhere on the
Internet and I still need to be able to let them do some type of
Samba file share to their directories.

Could someone please elaborate a little how CIPE can  help to solve
this problem as I am a little new here?

All Help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,
Lonnie

--
 Lonnie Cumberland
 OutStep Technologies Incorporated

 The Basis Express Virtual Office
               &
 Data Backup and Recovery Services

"The Virtual Office without boundries!!!"