Subject: RE: VPN connenction suse7.2 and W2000 Server
From: Jan Olderdissen <jolderdissen,AT,ixiacom,DOT,com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 16:39:33 +0100

The Windows log looks ok. Make sure to check for the following pitfalls:

- the PTP address should be different on both ends
- the encryption method needs to be the same on both ends
- I have found that repeated restarts of the service are sometimes needed to
get the communication going

Can you ping the PTP address on the other end from each respective side?