Subject: RE: VPN connenction suse7.2 and W2000 Server
From: Jan Olderdissen <jolderdissen,AT,ixiacom,DOT,com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 16:39:33 +0100

The Windows log looks ok. Make sure to check for the following pitfalls:

- the PTP address should be different on both ends
- the encryption method needs to be the same on both ends
- I have found that repeated restarts of the service are sometimes needed to
get the communication going

Can you ping the PTP address on the other end from each respective side?

Jan