Subject: Re: CIPE-Win32 transfer hangs
From: Sandino Araico Sánchez <sandino,AT,sandino,DOT,net>
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 05:47:52 +0100

Jan Olderdissen wrote:

> This is making more and more sense. I haven't tried to log the error code as
> you suggested because the machine I can do this on is not currently hooked
> up to anything. However, check out the return code WSAECONNRESET from
> WSARecvFrom(). The description states: "The virtual circuit was reset by the
> remote side executing a hard or abortive close. The application should close
> the socket as it is no longer useable. On a UPD-datagram socket this error
> would indicate that a previous send operation resulted in an ICMP "Port
> Unreachable" message."

Ok. This enforces my suspect that the Windows cipe is sending a small packet
which kills the Linux cipe. The Windows cipe is not able to differentiate
between
the other end being dead and UDP packets being lost because of a network
problem.

--
Sandino Araico Sánchez
>drop table internet;
OK, 135454265363565609860398636678346496 rows affected.
"oh fuck" --fluxrad