Subject: Hanging NFS connection
From: Matthew Bloch <mattbee,AT,soup-kitchen,DOT,net>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 15:43:37 +0100

Hello-- I've set up a cipe tunnel between my laptop and remote server for
editing web pages 'in situ' by mounting public_html directories over NFS.  My
problem is that after a few minutes of leaving the NFS connection doing
nothing, trying to access the mounted directory causes the process to hang
indefinitely, and I need to reboot to remount the directory properly.  Is
this situation complicated by having my laptop behind a masquerading host?
Or by the fact that I pick an IP address for the remote machine that is
inside the netmask for my home ethernet?

any tips appreciated,

--
Matthew       > http://www.soup-kitchen.net/