Subject: Failure using Protocol 4.
From: Sean Reifschneider <jafo-cipe,AT,tummy,DOT,com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 01:43:47 +0100

Greetings.  I've been trying to set up CIPE with bridging, the idea being
to link two ethernet networks.  I was able to set up the CIPE using
protocol 3 with no problems, but that doesn't work with the bridging.  I've
switched to protocol 4.  This is with the 2002-03-01 CVS snapshot (which
from what I can tell is the latest).

I modified the configuration by removing the "ptpaddr" and adding a mask
and broadcast address.  I remove the cipcb module and replace it with cipdb
on both ends, then start the ciped-db on both ends.

When I try to send data across the link, I get the following logged in
syslog on the remote side:

   cipdb0: got short packet from <ipaddr>

The interfaces never show that they've received any packets (via ifconfig).
Logging output leading up to this is:

   cipdb0: new peer <ipaddr>:32840
   cipdb0: setkey
   cipdb0: cipe_sendmsg
   cipdb0: cipe_recvmsg
   cipdb0: cipe_sendmsg
   cipdb0: setkey
   cipdb0: cipe_recvmsg
   cipdb0: setkey
   cipdb0: cipe_recvmsg
   cipdb0: got short packet from <ipaddr>

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Sean
--
 The blood of the guitar was Chuck Berry Red.
                 -- Meatloaf