Subject: Question...
From: "Yves Smolders" <yves.smolders,AT,pandora,DOT,be>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 20:44:47 +0100

HI everyone,
?
I've seen some examples on the net that seem to use
the following config, eg. they use they same IP for the internal LAN nic and
the
CIPE virtual adapter IP (sorry I'm talking in windows terms here)?

?
I've tried that in Windows but it doesn't get
accepted.? For my CIPE virtual nics I have to use a different subnet and
then change my routes so they all communicate.
?
I don't understand how unix variants can do that,
use the same IP address on multiple nics?? how does the machine know where
to send?? Or is it my fault and did I misinterpret the schema I
found?? I'll try to post it to the list later on...
?
Reason I ask is because I would like to try some
kind of "supernetting" and use 1 big range of ip's (eg 192.168.0.0/16)
seamless
accross multiple sites, and so avoid all kind of routing issues (and adding a
bit of network storms but that can be contained)
?
Is this possible using windows?
?
I know from XP on you can bind 2 NIC's together and
bridge them.? Never tried to do it with internal LAN nics & cipe
adapters though, I think it'll blow up in my face :)?
?
Thanks for all the info,
Yves

Scanned by  eScan  Content-Security  and  Anti-Virus Software.
Visit http://www.mwti.net for more info on eScan and MailScan.