Subject: Re: tunnel has died after some weeks
From: Thomas Schaefer <mail,AT,thomas--schaefer,DOT,de>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 22:27:10 +0100

Hi DKW,

At first I have to tell the problem that the linux deamon exits did occur
only 6-times while using 20 tunnels over a time of three months. (20NT-PC to
one LINUX-PC)
Although I have had the problem also once. I am not able to reproduce it.
Because the application (respective its udp-packets [snmp commands]) which
has caused the crash is still in use and most of time without problems.
Additionally all versions (pre 9,10,11,12) are in use.( I lost a little the
overview, where is which version installed)
And, it may sound stupid, I have no clue how to debug the windows version.
Do I have to start the service on the console with the command console? Do I
need an Debugger? Or/AND should I increase the linux-debug level?

Unfortunatly the affected windows PCs are "my"  PC ( or the PCs of my
colleagues) at work. I can't afford experiments which will fail.
At home I have no running NT-system for test purposes.

Regards,
Thomas Schäfer