Subject: RE: Newbee question
From: Paul Hamm <paulhamm,AT,OpenRatings,DOT,com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 18:19:09 +0100

The reason would be code freeze and QA.  With a product as large as the
RedHat linux distro, install of everything is well over 3gig you have to
make concessions to time or you never get anything out the door.  Also for
people like myself, who use Linux in a production environment we prefer not
to be on the absolute bleeding edge as there are far to many Murphy's in the
mix.  When what you have does the job there is no need to replace or upgrade
it.  System upgrades are done to either make you more competative, or fix
bugs/security holes.