Subject: opendev:setpar error
From: "Tyler Thueson" <tylernt,AT,cableone,DOT,net>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 18:53:54 +0100

Hi all,

Finally got around to trying to connect my two Slackware 8.0 (2.2.19) boxes
together with CIPE. On both machines I run ciped-cb -o /etc/cipe/options. I
then get the little CIPE copyright thing in /var/log/messages, but I get
"opendev: setpar" in the syslog Not sure if that's an error or merely
informational? The cipcb0 interface does not come up on either machine.
Nothing in the logs about allocating any cipcbx devices.

One end is on static IP and the other on dynamic. Both are ipchains
masquerading firewalls, but I opened up all UDP ports during my testing.
Here's the options for the dynamic host, the other options file is of course
the 'reverse'.

# device number
device cipcb0
# remote internal ip
# local internal ip
# local public ip
# remote real ip
# set to 1 if local on DHCP, 0 if local is static
dynip 1
# The key is 128 bits in hexadecimal notation.
key  [snipped]

So... what am I doing wrong this time? ;)