Subject: Using cipe thru firewall
From: Jens Askengren <jens.askengren,AT,tim,DOT,se>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 09:43:57 +0100

I wan't to use cipe to set up a VPN between two
boxes. The route goes thru a firewall with
port 9999 open for udp and 963 open for the
pkcipe service. I have the following
setup (using pkcipe):

a                |  |     b
peer b:9999  --- |fw| --- peer a:9999
me 0:9999        |  |     me 0:9999
device b                  device a

Cipe (1.5.2) seems to ignore both the port
and the device settings. I can live without the
nice device name, but choosing a semi-random
portnumber will not be accepted by the firewall.

--

Jens Askengren

Teknik i Media Sverige AB (publ)
Address: Södra förstadsgatan 2, SE-211 34 Malmö, Sweden
Tel: +46 40 601 57 00 (vx)
Mobile: +46 704 20 57 17
Fax: +46 40 601 57 99
http://www.tim.se

DISCLAIMER: "The information contained in this email and any attachment
is
confidential. It is intended only for the named addressee(s). If you are
not the named addressee please notify the sender immediately and do not
disclose, copy or distribute the contents to any other person other than
the intended addressee(s)."