Subject: RE: VNC over CIPE - speed problem
From: "Dave Brotherstone" <davegb,AT,pobox,DOT,com>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 15:16:05 +0100

Depending on your setup, this can be a problem with UDP timeouts.  If your
firewall is checkpoint or pix, then I know you need to lengthen the reply
timeouts - it can be a problem.

We had that problem with vnc - where stuff comes back (from the other end),
without you doing anything - ie. you get a reply without first sending
something.  Increasing/disabling the udp timeout feature fixed the problem.

I'm not 100% sure that this was the problem, but that seemed to be what was
happening.

Dave.