Subject: Re: CIPE documentation format
From: Olaf Titz <olaf,AT,bigred,DOT,inka,DOT,de>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 19:18:04 +0100

> Maybe there's a simple sed or awk script around the could strip the
> texinfo file and produce a .txt version. The configure script could
> resort to that method if it cannot find the ton and a half worth
> required type-setting software. Maybe do both if the tools are there.

makeinfo can produce both HTML and plain text from the .texinfo file.
If it can be assumed that everyone has makeinfo, I'd stop distributing
the .info and include the .texinfo along with a few more makefile
targets, that should suffice. (Perhaps even a perl script which tries
to produce plain text from the .texinfo, but that is not easy due to
the most important part of the docs - the options table.)

Olaf