Subject: Peer startup order question
From: Stephen Stewart <stewart.stephen,AT,wanadoo,DOT,fr>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 15:21:37 +0200

Hello All,

I've go 2 peers: one NT4 sp6 (fixed ip address), one win2000 (dynamic
ip address). When the win2000 box is started first, followed by the nt
box, the connection works ok and I can ping both ways. When the nt box
is started first I am unable to ping either way. It appears that the
key exchange process don't work under these circumstances.

I guess that if you start the fixed ip box first, it tries to exchange keys
with 0.0.0.0 and keeps failing. Then when the dynamic ip box comes
online the fixed box is already negociating the key with 0.0.0.0.

This is a bit awkward as the fixed ip box is online at the time
waiting for connections from the roving pcs (and their dynamic ips)

Is there a way out of this conundrum? Any suggestions would be
appreciated.

--
Best regards,
 Stephen                          mailto:stewart.stephen,AT,wanadoo,DOT,fr