Subject: redirect/tunnel help
From: "Yves Smolders" <yves.smolders,AT,pandora,DOT,be>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 23:44:37 +0200

> include './server.key'
> redirect 10001
> target remote.server1.com:20001
> redirect 10002
> target remote.server2.com:20002

OK, I guess what you want to do is accept data for remote.server1.com at
20001 and data for remote.server2.com 2002 right?  And I presume
my.server.name is the internet DNS name or internet IP address of your
zebedee server machine?  In that case your server setup is wrong.

You should use:

Server:

target remote.server1.com:20001 # tcp for 20001 redirects to
remote.server1.com
target remote.server2.com:20002 # tcp for 20002 redirects to
remote.server2.com

get rid of the redirects.  If you specify ports in the target lines, you
don't need redirect lines.

Client:

Serverhost my.server.name    # Zebedee server is located at my.server.name

tunnel 4444:remote.server1.com:20001
tunnel 5555:remote.server2.com:20002

So on the client if you connect to localhost:4444, zebedee client connects
to zebedee server at my.server.name.  When connection is established the
data to localhost:4444 is tunneled to my.server.name and then forwarded to
machine remote.server1.com:20001 - that's what you want right?

oh, and if the IP's you use for remote servers are fixed , I recommend you
change remote.server1.com to it's corresponding IP address in server and
client.  I had trouble one time because the clients seems to want to resolve
the DNS names.  If it's not an internet name but an internal DNS name on the
server side, it fails!

> I am using the same keypair on server and client, and checkidfile makes no
difference included or not.

Good practice to test everything without checkident at first!

Yves