Subject: windows and routes
From: Geir Sjurseth <geir,AT,netch,DOT,se>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 12:38:01 +0200

I have cipe running on several linux machines and a couple of windows
machines.  I had some problems getting things up and running on the
windows side.

I was using a 192.168 series ip address for the "client-side" of the
ip-addressing, but the "cipe-server" has two real ip-addresses (each on
a different network).  I had no problems adding routes to that net with
linux:
route add -net <realnetwork-address> netmask 255.255.255.0 gw
192.168.x.y

This solution never worked for windows, and I was baffled why.
Frustrated I tries using an available ip-address from the same network
and assigning to the cipe-interface on the windows machine it worked.
Unfortunately I need not only grant access to this network but to
another. Am I to understand that I cannot grant access to this other
network without setting up noes on each side of the tunnel on this
network?!?!

Please someone help me here, I feel that I must be wrong.

Geir

--
Geir Sjurseth && System Administrator
Netch Technologies AB