Subject: RE: RedHat 7.2 not binding correctly
From: Paul Hamm <paulhamm,AT,OpenRatings,DOT,com>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 19:26:54 +0200

One thing that I have found really handy is to use a DNS name in the peer
option.

Use this
PEER=my.domain.com:xxxx
instead of
PEER=x.x.x.x:xxxx

Then use a Dynamic dns service for the non static IP and bam connection up.
Makes it nice if you need to change your IPs or use a different machine for
some reason.  Say moving from a test environment to a production one.  Just
a simple zone change and all the remote connections will run.  Yah yah if
you copy the config files to the production server.