Subject: VNC to win2k with SP2 over CIPE
From: Ajit Kashyap <ajitkashyap,AT,yahoo,DOT,com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 22:51:55 +0200

Hello,

I'm having problems with VNC over CIPE. I'm running
vnc server on a win2k box with sp2 at a remote site
which is connected to my office through linux boxes
running cipe at both the ends. The problem is when I
try to vnc to my server at that end I get the password
prompt and then all I get is just the grey window with
the message "please wait - initial screen loading" It
seems to hang after that. But telnet to port 5900
works fine.

This problem occurs only to boxes with SP2. If I try
to connect to a win2k box with SP1 it works great. So
the problem seems to be with Microsoft SP2 but since I
haven't seen many people screaming about this in the
forums I wonder if there is a work around either in
cipe configuration or in VNC configuration.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated,

Ajit Kashyap
ajitkashyap,AT,yahoo,DOT,com