Subject: Re: QoS / fair queueing in kernel breaks CIPE ...
From: Gert.Vandelaer,AT,medisearch-int,DOT,com
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 11:16:28 +0200

I've done a make distclean in kernel tree,
rebuilt from scratch ...
booted new kernel,
recompiled cipe1.5.3
and all works well now.
Allthough i do get a "got short packet" in the syslog once in a while,
and there's no iptables debugging compiled in.

I'm still struggling heavily with traffic shaping, but that's a whole other
story,
cipe is up 'n running again...
I'd still like to get rid of those syslog messages every 15minutes thought,
they're interfering with other logs.

Bye,
Gert

                    Peter van den

                    Heuvel                To:

                    <peter@bank-co        cc:     cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de

                    nnect.com>            Subject:     Re: QoS / fair
queueing in kernel breaks CIPE ...
                    Sent by:

                    owner-cipe-l@i

                    nka.de

                    04/06/2002

                    11:28 AM

> got the 2.4.16 kernel,
I run 2.4.18 kernel.org with cipe-snapshot-20020318.

> compiled in all QoS options
Compiled no QoS but otherwise all shaping into the kernel.

That one works like a charm, but I must admit that I've still not realy
activated any of the traffic-shaping.

Peter